Monday, July 18, 2011

Update

The hospice doctor has been here all morning. He is not optomistic about dad's condition. He is going to double dad's medication for energy because he wants him to be alert while he can. Dad can't get out of bed anymore, he care barely talk and he doesn't have the energy to open his eyes. Mom can't leave him for even a minute for fear that he might try to get out of bed and get hurt again.

Mom is tired even though she would never admit it. It is hard for her because dad can't help her help him anymore. She never complains but I could feel her stress and frustration this morning so I stayed home from work to help her. I am so glad that I did, it's such a hard job both emotionally and physically and we really needed each other today. She is the best nurse ever, she has saved his life over and over again. I don't think he could have made it this long without her by his side. Mom is full of compassion and unconditional love for her sweatheart. I have never seen her get frustrated with him. She wants to enjoy every minute of life he has, no matter what she is doing for him.

Dad is ready for Diana to come home. He has asked for her several times this week. I called her today and so she is on her way. We will be picking her up from the airport on Thursday morning. Conway suggested she leave the babies with him so that she can focus on spending time with dad. He will be so happy to have his baby girl home again.

On a lighter note, the last couple of days I have dumped canned pepsi into dad's mug. So last night when Rhett asked dad if he wanted a drink, dad looked him straight in the eyes and said "always fountain Pepsi". So he went to the convenient store and got him his fountain Pepsi. We just can't fool dad!

3 comments:

  1. Love you so much, Dad. Thank you to you and Mom for raising such an amazing family - your Mikey is my very best friend in the whole world, and I love him so much; he's a wonderful husband and father and I'm so thankful that he's mine. Thank you for him, and for all the love I've felt from you. I am seriously awed by how amazingly you have fought this leukemia. Love you Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always Fountain Pepsi: We are truly kindred spirits, even if our tastes differ. We love you so much, Lolo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be home soon Daddy. I will be there to receive one of your famous bear hugs and bury myself into your chest. I will be there to sing to you and tell you stories about your little Hawaiian grandbabies. I will be there to hold your hand and rub your feet. But most of all I will be there.

    I love you so much. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete