Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'll Build You a Rainbow


I always think of my dad when I see a beautiful sunset. I don't know if all of you know this about him, but he LOVES beautiful sunsets.

Tonight I saw this amazing rainbow stretching out over the sky. I took this picture with my phone so it doesn't do it justice. But I thought of Dad when I saw it.
I thought of the song and story "I'll Build You A Rainbow". It's a beautiful message reminding us of the eternal truth that families can be together forever.

I'm so grateful to be part of this amazing eternal family. It's harder than you can imagine for me to be so far from home, especially from Dad right now.

But it's comforting to know these things:
1. My dad is a fighter, a warrior and a survivor; he is strong and courageous and determined.
2. My mom is an angel; she is by his side providing support, comfort and love.

I love you Rose Family! Stay strong Dad... I love and miss you so much.

3 comments:

  1. We are so blessed to have such a close and loving family. I have friends who don't speak to their families and it makes me appreciate mine even more. I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you this past weekend. I will see you tomorrow. I love you very much. Thank you Susie for taking such good care of Earl. Love, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, just caught up on your dad's blog! I just hate that the ones we love have to go through this battle, but they truely are our hero's. Your dad is such a fighter & you're family is truely inspirational. Thinking & praying for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so beautifully said, Diana. And it's true, families are forever. Your mom and dad are some of the most amazing and wonderful people I know. I just love you guys. I love your dad. He has always been so sweet to me, from the very first day I met him he made me feel like I was at home. It just breaks my heart. I love him so much. He is always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete