Thursday, July 28, 2011

At Alta View Hospital for Platelets

This morning Dad's mouth and nose have been pooling with blood. The spot on his cheek where his skin cancer was removed is bleeding too.

Mom called the hospice nurse and they are sending a transport unit to take Dad to Alta View Hospital where he will recieve two units of blood. He is very anxious for them to get here as the blood makes him very uncomfortable (phsysically and emotionally).

He and Mom will stay overnight and hopefully be back first thing tomorrow.

*****

OK, the transport just left with Mom and Dad. His nose was bleeding badly when he left but hopefully they can get this transfusion started right away so Dad will get feeling better.

The trip out to the van wiped him out (but THANK YOU PAUL MCKINNEY for coming to help get Dad up the stairs; there's NO WAY they could have done it without you!) but before they drove away he waved at me as I yelled for him to be strong.

I'm hoping to get to the hospital as soon as I can and I'll update when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment