Thursday, July 28, 2011

From the Hospital


Karen, Mike and I are here with mom and dad at the hospital. He is receiving his first unit of blood right now. His nose is bleeding pretty badly and he is zoning in and out of dreamland. His dreams are very vivid. He just did a perfect salute and said it was an honor to have everyone here. We asked who he was saluting and he said, "The Marines."
Sometimes he dreams about silly things that don't make sense and other times he is convinced there is someone else in the room or we are somewhere else completely.

It's so hard to see him like this and even harder leaving him. I've been an arm's length away from him nearly every minute since I've arrived; even sleeping right next to Mom and Dad at night (just like I loved to when I was young--and let's be honest--even when I was not that young anymore). And tonight I will be in their big bed all by myself. I am anxiously waiting for Dad to stop bleeding, feel better and come home.
I'll definitely update when he gets home in the morning.

Rhett Taylor and the boys were able to see Grandpa in the hospital too

Karen and Peyton in Dad's hospital room. (We are wearing masks because Dad's white blood cell counts are low so he is susceptible to infection.)

No comments:

Post a Comment