Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Blood Transfusion

Dad's sweet nurse from Huntsman came to visit him at home tonight. Dad's mouth was full of blood and she said that he needed a blood transfusion right away. She made arrangements for dad to be picked up tonight and taken to Alta View Hospital for an early morning transfusion consisting of one unit of platelets and two units of blood. The transfusions always seem to help him in so many ways. We are so blessed to have her and so many good people watching out for dad.

Dad is happy right now. He is singing a song and he keeps telling each of us how much he loves us. He is a little more alert than he has been all day. He is still talking with his eyes shut but his voice is louder than a whisper and he has been responding to everything we say.

5 comments:

  1. My heart is so full right now. I am so touched by all the wonderful people there who faithfully look after mom and dad. I am so overwhelmed by the love and support I have been shown by the wonderful friends and neighbors I have here in Hawaii and the friends who have reached out to show their love and concern from all corners of the world. And I am just so grateful to be part of our incredible family. I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this blog is a sacred place. Because of that I haven't commented very much but I have definitely been following, supporting, and praying (as many many many people have). Diana made a comment on Facebook about leaving comments on here so I felt like that was my "ok". :) Just want to say, I've been so uplifted by the examples of your sweet family. Your Dad is such a fighter. I'm continually impressed by him, amazed really. And so very humbled.

    What great examples you have been to me, Earl and Susie. A love like that is never ending. Thank you for your examples. My life has truly been touched by you. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so much dad! I'm so proud of you for fighting so hard! I can't sleep because I'm so worried about you. I hope everything goes great and that you feel a ton better after your transfusion.

    I'll see you tomorrow!!! (and I know that you would reply, "I'm counting on it."

    I love you! Sleep good!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle Earl,
    I wanted to tell you how much I love you, and miss you and your incredible family! I am so happy Mom, Randy, Emily and her kids, and my sweet Kayle were able to visit you yesterday. I wish I could of been with them. You, Aunt Susan and your amazing children have always been an amazing examples to me. You guys have always done so much for me and my family and we are truly grateful for it. Love you always, Luci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is such an inspiration. Diana and the entire Rose Family, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete