Monday, September 19, 2011

Dad's Funeral

The photos in this video are from Dad's funeral, the graveside service and the luncheon afterward. All the pictures were taken by our dear friend, Sara Boulter. The audio was taken from an interview I had with Dad in November of 2010, just a few days after the doctors told us he only had weeks left. He was feeling very tired and weak and it was hard for him to speak which is why his voice is so soft. The music is a song called, "When I Die" that I wrote and recorded several years ago. It is one of the songs I sang at his funeral service.

The funeral was beautiful and such a tribute to an incredible husband, father, brother, uncle, grandfather, friend and soldier. I am so proud to be his daughter and a member of this amazing Rose family. When I receive a copy of the audio from the service I will post copies of the wonderful talks and tributes that were given.

I miss my sweet daddy every single day. But I do know that he is watching over us as a guardian angel and making preparations to be with us again one day. Thank you all for your messages, phone calls, emails, flowers, acts of service and kindness.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you Diana, that was a very nice tribute. I wish we had something like that for mom/grandma.
    Love you, Uncle Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was perfect and fitting for such a wonderful man. I wanted to be there but I had family and personal obligations that kept me away. I loved him too. Thank you for the video.

    Love Emily Atkin (Pearl Wonderous)

    I Love you too Mommy Wondrous and your whole family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what he said was most important -- having an eternal family. He is right.

    - Holly Wever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,

    What a beautiful video and tribute to your dad. Everyone should have something like that as a remembrance for family and grandchildren to remember their dad and grandfather. It was all very special and the comments throughout show the sincere love all of your family have for your dad and each other. Thanks. Richard Valdez (Coach)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the most Beautiful video. I love hearing Earls comments and Diana's beautiful voice. I would love to have a copy of the video, It would be the most precious thing to me.

    I love you all, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a beautiful song, and the pictures where great. I miss Earl, wish I hadn't lost contact with him when he moved. You are a great family that is for sure and it was my honor on getting to know each of you. One of these days we will have a grand reunion. Semper Fi and take care one and all.

    Bill Gayler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Diana, it's Char..I love this video.. It truly resembles that families can be together forever.. I am so grateful to be able to have gotten to know your mom and her wonderful spirit and mana (strength and will) to keep moving forward.. Your voice is amazing and I'm glad to know you!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. My name is Donna Walters and I'm from Tasmania, in Australia. I also lost my husband to this awful disease, leaving me with 3 beautiful kidlets, aged 14, 11 and 7. We played this song at his funeral. Was magnificent. Thank you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete