Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I thought you might have called. . .




I was up with Stella tonight. She hadn't been feeling too well. I went to get her a drink and when I came back my phone was ringing.
It was almost 1 a.m. but with Liz and the kids heading out to Utah we were awake.
When I saw it was Dad's number my reaction was worry.



I was so happy when I answered to hear dad on the other end of the line. Due to the time, I thought surely he dialed my number deliriously.

All his days and nights are mixed up and he was having a short period of time when he was actually wide awake and able to talk.
It has been a long time since he was that alert and able to talk to me. I was so glad he called at that moment.
He was excited that he made it to church Sunday, although it really wiped him out. He is also really happy to have Diana with him. He really has enjoyed having her around to give mom a few moments of rest.
Karen has been moving all week and as sick as he is dad wished he could help out. He honestly wanted to try and baby sit or do something to help out.
He can barely prop himself up to his elbow, but when he has any strength at all he wants to be helping.
Near the end of our conversation he finally looked at the time and realized how late it was. I could only laugh.
He is really hoping he will be able to get another transfusion tomorrow.
I'm hoping he stays well while I get out of Iowa and move closer to home.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment