Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sleep

Dad is at Alta View hospital getting platelets. Last week when they weighed him he was 183 lbs. Today he was down to 172. He was sleeping peacefully when we went to visit him and he only woke briefly enough to say, "hi baby" when I was talking to him.

When Mike went to visit him a couple hours ago, he said that Mom and Dad were both asleep in Dad's hospital bed. They are the sweetest, most adorable couple. It's so endearing to see how much they love each other.

The good thing about them going to the hospital is that Mom actually gets some sleep. At home she happily empties his catheter, changes his linens, dispenses his medications which are many, and feeds him, gets him dressed, etc. She rests from time to time during the night but she never really sleeps. So I'm hoping that tonight she will sleep.

And I'm hoping that Dad will get enough sleep that he will feel recharged and be ready to come home tomorrow with some fresh new jokes and some strong hugs and that those sparkling blue eyes that I wish I had inherited will be wide open.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your mom gets her well deserved sleep tonight. I know that he is lighter than me, so I need to do something about it and catch up with him. Hope he gets some good platlets that will boost his system. Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete