Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pray for Poop! And Other Updates.




We will be leaving in a few minutes to IMHC so Dad can have a blood transfusion. He always feels much better after those. To those of you who faithfully donate blood to your local blood banks, THANK YOU! You truly do save lives!
Yesterday Dad woke up in the late afternoon and asked for his cane. We told him it was in the garage. He said he needed it because he wanted to go for a walk. Mom said she could take him for a walk in the wheelchair and he said, "that's a start!"
So we were able to take him outside to feel a cool breeze and see the sunshine.
As of right now it has been nearly a month since he has had a bowel movement. My sweet, conservative Daddy would be quite embarrassed if he knew I was advertising this to the world, but it's the most important thing right now. They've tried everything from enemas to shots and medications and laxatives. So far nothing is working. The nurse on Saturday didn't hear any bowel sounds in his stomach and assumed his colon was shutting down. But last night the nurse said she heard very active bowel sounds in all four chambers of his stomach! So now he just needs to go! So please help us help him and PRAY FOR
POOP!
****And please don't tell him I said that. He really would be horrified. This is a man who refuses to use public restrooms and considers any words to do with bodily functions as profanity.

3 comments:

  1. Bob says-
    Nan that is a great update. Considering what we were told a few days ago, I would say that is no small miracle. I admit that there are times I don't like to be the family doctor. I don't like casual medicine, and phone medicine is impossible, but I'm really glad you guys didn't listen and just let dad starve when they said not to feed him.
    Thanks for the straight poop. I'll pray for a brown out for you, or at least a little fert.
    With all the miracles and faith of the community who read this, I hope you have plenty of diapers, and a carpet shampooer near by when you get what you pray for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor Rose family! We'll be praying for poop in St. George! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for poop. It is very important. It doesn't mean I can't chuckle. Love Pearl wondrous

    ReplyDelete