Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ode to our Veteran

First of all, Happy Veterans Day Dad! He is a veteran of the Vietnam War and Desert Storm and once he conquers this war with Leukemia, he'll be a triple war veteran. We love you dad! Thank you for your service to our country your fellow men and your family.
Three weeks ago dad was given three weeks to live, they said he would be on hospice and we thought we would be planning a funeral. We still understand that the circumstances are uncertain but at the same time we believe that with faith, hope and the power of positive thinking plus dad's fighting spirit, nothing is impossible.
He continues to amaze, impress and inspire us all. He had a blood transfusion on Wednesday so he's felt pretty good. We have all been keeping him company ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! The funny thing is, when we feel like we are wearing him down and go upstairs, my mom comes up and says "dad misses you, come back down" so we do until he falls asleep. Mom thinks it feels like the old days having us all around constantly. We have so much fun together and never get sick of one another. Mom has started decorating for Christmas because she and dad think that Christmas makes everyone feel happy. There is a wonderful atmosphere in their home.

Again we would like to thank all of you for your love and support. We appreciate all your prayers and ask that you continue to pray for his (and mom's) health and comfort.

Feel free to leave him a message, as he and my mom enjoy reading them together.

Love you all!

Karen

3 comments:

  1. Earl,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am horrible at following up with people but the time we shared serving in the Young Mens is truly some of the brightest times of my life. Wish I had another fast car and we could take a short, very fast road trip again. Get well my friend and God Bless you all!
    Keep the Faith!
    Brad B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl,
    You keep amazing us with your fight, you are in our prayers. We love you both,
    LaDell and Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good seeing you this weekend Earl and Susie. You were looking very good. You are an amazing man with incredible strength. I'm so greatful for the closeness we have shared throughout my life, you have been a wonderful big brother. we even got through my fifteenth year. Thank you for always being there for me. You always showed up when I needed you the most. I love and appreciate you so much. And Susie you have been so good to me since before we even met. I appreciate all you have done for me and my family. I love you so much. Both of you take care of yourselves.
    Love,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete