Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Results

Dad receives the results of the Bone Marrow Biopsy today. When we have those, Robert will call the doctor so that he can translate Doctor Jargon into something the rest of us can understand. Hopefully he can update this blog with those results as soon as possible.

In the meantime, what we do know for now is that Dad will need to have a Bone Marrow Transplant.

The first candidates for a donor will be his siblings. So luckily for us, Dad has plenty of those!

Thank you for your prayers. Please keep them coming. We are a family who believes in miracles.

Dad with some of his siblings and cousins. Missing are Warren, Joy, Tim & Bryan. Dad is the extremely handsome man in the middle.

(This was the only photo I could find online. Dena et al, if you have one with everyone, please email it to me. Thanks!)

7 comments:

  1. I'll find a picture for you. Where do I go to get tested? I will do it if I'm compatible.
    Love you.
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Earl, Susie and family,

    You have been in my thoughts more than usual lately....now I know why. You are certainly in my prayers dear friend. Love you! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to get my bone marrow tested also. I love you Earl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at the photo, now I know why ate Susan fell madly in love with you! :-)

    Hope and pray that all will be well!

    love from Teena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Earl, this is the first time I have figured out how to post something on this blog.
    As I told you yesterday, I am willing to be a donor for you.
    I am so glad to have this blog to go to when ever I am not able to reach you. I am always checking here facebook and emails to find out anything new.
    I love you Earl, and all your family.
    Warren
    I don't have a profile on any of the profiles listed, so I guess I am anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in on you and your progress. We love you!!!!

    Love, Heather Corrigan Blevins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana's update is accurate,
    I spoke with the cancer doctor. She said that the first step of chemo is going well. The chemo has basically reset the bone marrow to nearly empty. There are only a few cells and only a small percentage are leukemia.
    He will continue chemo without the need for an IV for now. He will start an oral chemo drug called gleevec.
    He will be able to go home next week.
    Because he is positive for the philadelphia chromosome chemo will not be enough in the long run. He will eventually need a bone marrow transplant. We will hear more about this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete