Monday, February 15, 2010

Bear Hugs and Biopsies



Last night Mike, Karen and I were all able to give Dad a big bear hug. This was the hug I've been anxiously waiting for. Bending over to hug him while he's lying down while trying to avoid bumping his incision is quite different than getting to wrap your arms completely around him and squeeze him while he's standing.

It was a great Valentine's Day gift. Thank you Daddy!

He has been walking around quite a bit and his physical therapist is happy with his progress.

Tomorrow he will be getting another Bone Marrow Biopsy to see where he is with the Leukemia. This is a big day for us because it will determine what treatments he will receive and how much longer he will be here in the hospital.

Please pray for good news!




8 comments:

  1. We for sure will be praying for good news! hugs and kisses...love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to finally hug you pops!!! We love you so much and can't wait for you to come home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Earl....Hey Earl I know I have not seen you for awhile but I have called a few times and left messages..I hope that you and your family do well thru this trying time..I know what you all are going thru presently...
    A friend always....Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earl,
    Hello there!! I hope you are feeling better!! I am happy to see all of your family there to support you thru this. I love to see all the smiling faces in the pictures!! I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for a speedy recovery!!
    Love,
    Trena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad has such a great support group! I'm so glad that you're able to be with your dad and family right now, I'm sure that makes a world of difference. We'll be keeping your dad in our prayers, as well as the rest of your family and your cute cute mom!

    Malia

    PS, my code word to post this comment was piglit, lol. Where do they come up with these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a suprise to learn what you are going through! I cannot think of a family with more faith and ability to call forth miracles! ALL OF YOU ARE TRULY INSPIRING! Our thoughts and prayers are with you as we join our faith with yours for our Father's choicest blessings to be yours!
    WE LOVE YOU! Nolan and Carmella and Amber
    (I've never "posted" before so I hope this works)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Earl great to see you standing. You look so good, we are allways praying for you. So we know youqill be home soon.

    Love
    Brent and Tess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Earl We are so grateful that the kids have posted this great blog so that we can keep track of you progress, you have always been a big brother to the Davis family. I will never forget the wonderful feeling of love that you and Suzie showed to Merlin and I when we went to the temple, How wonderful it was to look up and see I did have a big brother there with us. You are always in our thoughts and prayers, may you have a recovery fit for the great man that you are. love Barb & Mer

    ReplyDelete