Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Birds



Mom and Dad have been like two twitterpated teenagers. These two are so in love! My mom does not leave his side. I keep catching the two of them sharing sweet glances at each other, or my mom caressing Dad's cheek or Dad cupping Mom's chin in his hand.

They are so cute!

He is her sweetheart and she is his angel. If there were ever a fairy-tale romance come true, it would be these two.

I have been singing lullabies and primary songs for my dad at his bedside, but there is one song that is most requested. It is a song from my demo CD that was written by a friend of mine. As I am singing it, the two of them will just stare into each others' eyes and smile.

"Butterflies"


Someday when we're all gray I will turn to you and say,
We're still just kids at heart babe take my hand, let's run away


Fifty years spent by your side we've shed our tears we've smiled our smiles
you know babe if I could I wouldn't change a single day


Now our bones are old and frail
now our lips are dry and shriveled


but I must confess your kiss, your kiss
still gives me butterflies


Someday when we're all gray I will turn to you and say,
Now our bones are old and frail now our lips are dry and shriveled

I must confess, your kiss
your kiss still gives me butterflies




8 comments:

  1. You guys are so sweet. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl,
    I hope you get to feeling better fast.
    I have enjoyed reading about you and your family. You still look the same after all these years except no hair.

    Your Cousin,

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quietly and prayerfully rooting for your dear family! I can see you guys laughing one minute and sobbing the next! Love you bunches!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you won't remember me, but I was April's companion in the MTC and we had many wonderful adventures in the Philippines together. We had a unique and wonderful bond during that time, and we helped each other get through the ups and downs of mission life. I remember vividly how much her family meant to her and I could see how strong your bonds were. I also remember how much she admired her "Daddy". I did get to visit your home after my mission and have lunch with your family. What a sweetness there was among all of you. Thank you for the wonderful father you have been, for I know your children have touched many lives, and I'm so thankful for the dear friend in April. You are in my prayers. I'll put your name on the prayer-roll here in Minnesota. God bless you. Sister "Meter" (Dana Willis)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all. Your name is in the Las Vegas temple prayer roll and will stay there. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so great to see you and mom via skype...you both look great. i can't wait to see you in person in utah; but, even better, i can't wait to have shave ice and malasadas with you in ko olina.

    love, conway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the most beautiful parents in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot get over how much Earl and Robert look like your dad!!!!

    Love Heather Corrigan Blevins

    ReplyDelete