Monday, February 8, 2010

Back to the hotel.

Dad is back to the nice quiet room he was in last week. He is doing miraculously well. The surgery went very well saturday, and he has had a great recovery since then. He is making all the steps he needs to make to get back on track. He looked very strong today. He was up and walking. He is more with it. His blood counts are still very low, and he is still at risk for infections, but he looks great.
I am really impressed with the care he is getting.
We are still waiting for his guts to wake up, but that will come with time.
Dad is really grateful to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.
We hope he will be able to get some sleep tonight.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are already out of the ICU! You looked so handsome tonight. I loved seeing you giggle and smile (even though some of the giggles made you hurt a little.)

    Thank you for being strong. Keep fighting.

    I love you daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong Papa Rose!!! My heart sunk when I received the text from Diana Saturday evening. Keep fighting! We are lifting up prayers all the way over here in Alabama.

    Heather Corrigan Blevins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting. I know how strong you are and know you can get through this. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in our thoughts and prayers. So glad you are surrounded by the people who love you. What an incredible family you have.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Earl, I'm so glad you are doing better. Rachel set me up on Skype, so maybe tonight I will see if I can figure out how to work it. You are so blessed to have such great kids. I really appreciate the girls keeping us updated on your progress.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so good to see you. I just want to tell you that you are and have allways been my hero. You have brought so much love to me and my family. We all love you stay strong.

    Love brent

    ReplyDelete