Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hanging in There


Thank you all for your concern and prayers. I think every conversation I have recently, whether on the phone, via email, via text or in person, begins with, "How's your dad?" As of late, the "{answer seems to always be, "hanging in there."
And that's exactly what he's doing. He is exhausted and has a constant pain level but every day he gets out of bed, he eats when he has no appetite and he manages to smile and have conversations with us throughout the day.
Yesterday he had two units of red blood and a unit of platelets and the doctor said that his body is holding on on it's own (meaning without the help of chemo). But this morning the nurse called and advised them to hold off on some medications because his white blood cells are droppingfast.
Again, despite it all he is hanging in there, he still has a lot of fight left in him and we are enjoying this time we get to spend with him.

3 comments:

  1. Please give him our love and a big big hug to your mom. Take care Kuya Earl and lots of prayers, thoughts and love are with you and your family.

    Love lots,
    Rossana & Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl,

    I just want to thank you for the positive influence you have had on my life. I look every day at this site to see how you are doing. You have an awesome family and you should be very proud of them. The love that emits from the comments is evidence that you have been successfull in teaching them the important things in life. FAMILY ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE. We love you!

    Tom and Dorinda Ware

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much daddy! You are the best dad anyone could ever ask for and I appreciate all that you have taught me. I hope that I can do as good a job raising my own kids as you did with us. Sorry for all headaches I probably caused you, just know that I love you and mom more than anything and I hate to see you hurting like this but I also don't want to lose you. I love being able to hang out with you everyday and love that you're my dad!!!

    ReplyDelete