Thursday, April 21, 2011

Amazing and Inspiring


Dad has looked so great for the last few days. He has color, he has a frequent smile and if not for the oxygen tube, you would have no idea how sick he is by looking at him.
I asked him hopefully if this was a reflection of things happening on the inside. Unfortunately he said no. He still has a constant pain level which hasn't improved and he is still extremely exhausted. He did say that majority of his pain was not from the cancer, but from his neuropathy. His hands hurt all the time and feel as though they are burning.
Again, despite all these challenges, he rode his bike again yesterday for five miles. Let me just add that I hopped on the bike yesterday and went seven miles; I was sweating like crazy and my buns were on fire! And I'm healthy! My dad is amazing and so inspiring.
And speaking of amazing and inspring, we have been so overwhelmed with gratitude by the outpouring of love and service shown by friends, family and members of our church. My parents' ward members have diligently provided dinner every Tuesday and Thursday night since before I arrived; they offer my parents rides to the hospital for my dad's appointments; they frequently stop by to check on them and of course the list goes on and on. And halfway across the ocean the same selfless service is being offered to my husband by my ward family and neighbors in Hawaii. They take turns watching Marley while Conway works and always ask what more they can do to help and send their love and concern to my dad.
I wish I could give a shout out to all those who have touched us with their love, service and support but the list would be a mile long. Just know that you are so appreciated and loved. It means so much to our family and especially to my sweet parents. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Diana the outpouring of love is a reflection on the type of people your parents are and the type of people they raised. They would do the same for anyone and taught you to do the same. Earl keep up the fight! Lot's of love and prayers coming your way from the Molgard Family!
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so GREAT!! We love you and pray for you daily!! Your love and dedication are so amazing and inspiring!!
    We love you!
    Robinson and Sandy and family

    ReplyDelete