Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dad wasn't doing very well over the weekend. On Sunday, mom and I were so scared because he wasn't very coherent and couldn't do much of anything. I was so afraid to leave him that night for fear that I would get a call that something bad had happened. Diana had skyped with him earlier that evening and immediately booked her plane ticket to come be with him. He had a dr. appointment on Monday morning and we didn't think he would be able to make it but to all of our surprise he not only made it to his appointment (thank you brother Fenton) but he was so alert and was able to talk and manage to spend most of the day at the hospital. He is still fighting very hard, he exercises when he can and gets around as much as he can on his own but mom is always right by his side, checking on him and taking great care of him. He is very blessed to have such a caring ward, family and friends. Thank you to the Beehive's for the wonderful dinner you brought him tonight! He is still planning to go to Huntsman for treatments for as long as he has the energy. They have taken such great care of him there and they have not given up on him either. Whenever he needs anything, they are always happy to help him and show so much compassion and love as well as friendship (dad and mom always make friends with their doctors and staff). We truly appreciate all of you for your thoughtfulness and willingness to help. I personally have learned a lot about service from all of the wonderful people that have been here for us.

2 comments:

  1. Love you bunches our sincerest prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Diana and Conway. We lived in their apartment complex for a year in Huntington Beach. Just wanted to say, I've been following this blog (as I'm sure a lot of people have) and have been so humbled by your sweet family and your love for each other.

    I've been especially humbled by your awesome dad and his amazing strength! You have been an inspiration to me in many ways. I'm grateful for your example and for the things you have taught me. I am a better person because of you. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete