Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not So Good Night

April sent me a text at 2:00 this morning to let me know that they were calling an ambulance to help with dad. He had trouble with his C-PAP during the night and his oxygen levels got extremely low and he wasn't responding well. He is on his way up to the University Hospital right now where hopefully they can get him stabilized.

Also, he met with his doctor yesterday and was told that his leukemia was peeking through again. The doctor said that since the other two chemo's have failed him, he is really afraid that this one is/or will too. They still haven't figured out what the infection is in his lungs and he has been feeling tremendous pain in his right side. He was supposed to go in this morning for two liters of red blood cells just to give him some energy, since he has been feeling so bad lately. I'll update more later on today.

Thank you to everyone that is reading this! Thank you for keeping him and our family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you to everyone that brings meals to them or that drops by to say hello or to hang out. Though dad may seem a little incoherent at times, I know that he appreciates feeling so loved. We all appreciate the love and support they receive on a daily basis.

Love you all!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I didn't see that text until he was doing better. I would have been so scared! Dad, I'm so glad that you're doing a little better but I want you to do a LOT better. Marley prays for you every night all by herself. After she prays for Grandma and Grandpa then she says, "what's next?" and gets help remembering the missionaries and the soldiers, etc. But she never forgets Grandma and Grandpa...even if it's a blessing on the food or a prayer in primary! I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete