Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Starting Treatment Today!

We are hoping that dad can get started on the treatment today. He is there right now after having a high fever and low oxygen levels early this morning. Mom was up all night just sitting by his side monitoring and taking care of him the best she could. They called the Huntsman Cancer Institute today to let them know that he isn't doing well and since they were hoping to start the chemo tomorrow anyway, they said just to bring him in today and maybe they can get started a day early.



April just called to let me know that he still isn't feeling well, his head feels like it's spinning and they just said he has pnemonia. They are taking really good care of him and will allow mom to stay there with him for at least the next three days.



We are really hoping that this study will be able to help him since all of his other options have failed. He is a really good candidate for it and we know that he is willing to do what ever it takes.



Please keep him and mom in your prayers. The past few weeks have been especially hard on mom. It's rare that her stress ever shows and lately, since dad hasn't been able to take any medications, I think it is taking an emotional tole on her. Thanks to everyone for checking up on them, bringing meals, taking them to the hospital and keeping them in your thoughts and prayers, it truly means the world to them.

He is allowed to have visitors (and treats)! If anyone is up in the area, he is in room 4521.

Love to all.



Karen

6 comments:

  1. I love you Earl and Susie. I wish I was up there with you. I have a little cold so I will wait a few days to come up. Please take care.
    Love,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you Earl. Hope you feel better soon. Susie take care of yourself. I love you.
    Love,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so impressed with his fight. It has really touched me. Thank you for sharing so much on this blog. I will pray for all of you.
    April's friend,
    Dana "Sister Meter"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and prayers are coming to you guys from all over the world. I hope you can feel it and draw strength and hope from it.

    I love you both so much and I wish I could be there with you.

    You are the strongest most faithful people I know; hang in there.

    All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope the chemo will help you tremendously and do wonders for you. We think of you everyday and in our prayers always. We love you and Ate Susan dearly, you truly are an inspiration to all of us.
    With much love,
    Brent and Tess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and hope from the Wevers.

    ReplyDelete