Monday, March 15, 2010

Always Something

It seems like we just can't get a break; there is always something going on with Dad.

He should have received his bone marrow transplant by now but he can't get it until he is feeling better.

Right now he has Hepititis in his liver which is basically an infection that only time can heal. It was caused by the medications he has been taking.

And tonight Mom just noticed that his hand was swollen so she expressed her concerns to the nurse who just confirmed that he has a blood clot from his collar bone down his arm caused by the pic line.

We are so blessed and lucky to have Mom with him all the time. She is truly his angel, his guardian angel.

In addition to all these sudden issues, Dad has also lost over 30 pounds since this all began.

Your prayers have meant the world to us and your comments have bouyed up his spirits. Please continue to show him your love and support. We are a family who believe in the power of prayer. For example, just one minute ago here in Dad's hospital room, the nurse came in to take out his pic line. She was having a difficult time inserting his IV and was almost ready to give up. We needed her to be successful so the site of the clot could start healing. Mom told us to say a prayer that she would get it to work. Her exact words were "If you say a prayer, she'll find it." in the midst of my prayer the nurse tried again and was successful. Mom said, "See? Heavenly Father knows."

6 comments:

  1. Earl, I am so sorry you are going through all of this and I'm glad Susie is there with you. Take care of yourself. I'll see you this weekend. Love ya,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you so much. We will definitely have you in our prayers and my mom and dad are always praying for ya, too. We love you. Keep hanging in there. We'll see you soon.

    Love,
    Samantha and Canon

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE you guys! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kuya Earl
    ur thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You have the most wonderful, awesome family and great support group. Hang in there Kuya Earl.
    PATHWAY OF PAIN
    Author: Helen Steiner Rice
    If my days were untroubled and my heart always light,
    Would I seek that fair land where there is no night?
    If I never grew weary with the weight of my load,
    Would I seek for God’s peace at the end of the road?

    If I never knew sickness and never felt pain,
    Would I search for a hand to help and sustain?
    If I walked without sorrow and lived without loss
    Would my soul seek solace at the foot of the cross?

    If all I desired was mine day by day,
    Would I kneel before God and earnestly pray?
    If God sent no winter to freeze me with fear,
    Would I yearn for the warmth of spring every year?

    I ask myself these and the answer is plain,
    If my life were pleasure and I never knew pain -
    I’d seek God less often and need Him much less,
    For God is sought more often in times of distress.

    And no one knows God or sees Him as plain -
    As those who have met Him on the "Pathway of Pain"
    We are roting for you and cheering you on. Fight Valiantly Kuya Earl.
    WE love you.
    Rossana & Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chad and I are keeping you close in our thoughts and prayers. Please give your Mom and Dad our love. We are hoping for strength, comfort and peace for all of you.
    We love you,
    Heidi and Chad

    ReplyDelete
  6. April- we're thinking of you and praying for you and your family and especially your sweet father. The only word that comes to mind is "Hope". I'll pray for you all to be blessed with an abundance of it. I'll put Earl's name back in the temple today.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete