Thursday, June 24, 2010

Infusion


I took dad to see one of his doctors at the cancer institute yesterday. He was very unhappy with all the weight that dad has lost (9 more lbs since his visit 2 weeks ago). He told us that if dad doesn't get a picc line he will soon die because his immune system will surely fail without the proper nourishment. He has an appointment at St. Marks tomorrow afternoon to get a picc line inserted and then he will have a home health care service come out everyday and change his feeding bag. I know this is not what he wanted and he has been trying to eat as much as he can and mom does an incredible job taking care of him and feeding him. I think dads nausea is what is hindering his appetite. Hopefully he will put his weight back on quickly and be able to overcome all of this. He is a fighter and we need him for a long long time. Please keep him in your prayers.

Love you all and love you dad!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dad,
    I know your not excited about this feeding tube but we want you to be around for a long time. We need you in our lives. You bring us so much joy and happiness. I love to see you smile and hear you laugh. Please keep fighting. Love you so much!! Apes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,
    It sounds like your dad might be starting on TPN. My mom has a picc and has been on TPN for almost a year. The TPN has been a miracle for us. I can't even tell you how AMAZING it is to see her strength, endurance and health improve now that she is no longer malnourished and weak as a kitten. Remind your dad that his body needs the nourishment and strength so he can continue to fight the good fight.
    If you ever have questions or if I can help with anything....let me know. You can give your family my phone # and email. I know the whole process can be a little overwhelming....but SO WORTH IT!
    I hope you and your little family are doing well!
    Becky
    ps loved the video of your parents...SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kuya Earl. We're thinking of you and keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayer. Keep fighting and we're here to cheer you on....Love yah
    Rossana
    Ate Susan,
    Hang in there. Please e-mail me your phone number so I can buzz you once in a while. Take care of yourself.
    Love yah
    Rossana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers from the Jensen Family!

    Ate Susan, got your message. . .God bless you and your family. Hope all will be well.

    ReplyDelete